Thursday, June 16, 2011

(43-324) Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon - Challenge #2

Keepin it nice and light tonight with a quick, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon challenge.  Now if that means absolutely nothing to you; let me do some splaining.  When I posted the good ole,  "100 Random Things About Me" ,#18 was "I excel at Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon."  Now again, if that means nothing to you, I'll splain a lil more.  Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is a game that requires a group of players to try to connect any film actor / actress in history to Kevin Bacon as quickly as possible and in as few links as possible.  it was modeled after the theory of "Six degrees of separation" which was popularized by a play written by John Guare.  Six degrees of separation "refers to the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away from any other person on Earth, so that a chain of, "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps or fewer; according to "Wikipedia."

Now with all of that said; I LOVE to challenge myself and play this game.  So tonight I asked Rachel K  to name the person that I would try to link to Kevin Bacon in 6 moves or fewer and she chose Jamie Lee Curtis.  It took me a few minutes to think about it, and I came up with:
Jamie Lee Curtis to Arnold schwarzenegger in "True Lies".
Arnold Schwarzenegger to Sharon Stone in "Total Recall".  And Sharon Stone to Kevin Bacon in "He Said She Said."
Now I think it's impressive to link Mr. Bacon in as few moves as possible, BUT I can also go in reverse and try to draw it out to see how many people I can connect.  So we can go this way too:  Jamie Lee Curtis to Kevin Kline in "A Fish called Wanda".  Kevin Kline to Glenn Close in the "Big Chill".  Glenn Close to Michael Douglas in "Fatal Attraction."  Michael Douglas to Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct."  And Sharon stone to Kevin Bacon in "He said She said."

That was fun!  Wanna play?  Go ahead and see if you can come up with alternative connections for Jamie Lee Curtis to Kevin Bacon in six moves or less.  Then post your answer either here or on Facebook.  OR if you want to challenge me with a new actor or actress to connect; just comment or email me, and I'll take a stab at it.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this game, but I'm not super quick at it. I love that Kevin Bacon, himself, finds it fun(ny) and it's brought up when he guest stars as himself on Will & Grace. Fun!